What is canine hydrotherapy?
Hydrotherapy is controlled exercise in warm water (28-32 degrees), which helps reduce weight bearing. It can help improve muscle wastage which occurs quickly following reduced movement, injury or surgery
Hydrotherapy can help your dog in many ways but is well known to help relieve the effects of pain and provide a better quality of life for your dog. Common issues or conditions treated with hydrotherapy (just to name a few) are:
- Hip/elbow dysplasia
- Muscle wastage
- Total or partial ruptured cruciate ligament
- Luxating patella
- Neurological conditions
- Soft tissue injury or ligament damage
- Spinal surgery
It can also help reduce swelling, improve cardiovascular fitness and muscle strength, support joints from wear and tear, improve gait pattern and offer mental stimulation.
- Our in-house physiotherapy service is available for both horse riders and animals (dogs and cats) Lisa runs both Equifit Physio and Canine Fit Clinic and works in close conjunction with House of Hound Hydrotherapy offering in house physiotherapy appointments to both humans and animals alike.
- Lisa is able to offer:
- horse rider or dog walker/owner assessments or
- animal treatment for rehabilitation, fitness, sporting or working dogs, pre, mid or post season for either maintenance or injury.
- Physiotherapy can help with mobility, movement, muscle strength and function
- We offer manual therapy, electrotherapy, exercise therapy, laser therapy and new to the centre is the Theraplate which is used for both horses and dogs alike.
- Appointments are made in the same way as hydrotherapy with the form provided (forms section), completed by your vet.
- combined initial assessments (for hydro/physio) are available at a discount of £5.00 if booked at same time.
- Physiotherapy is often available on insurance. Please check with your provider as you may be able to reclaim the cost of these sessions via your insurance provider.
- Puppy water confidence sessions. We aid your puppy in their first introduction to water in a safe environment. Fully aided by a qualified hydrotherapist. This will also aid your puppy whilst developing. Too much land-based exercise can cause strain on growing joints which could lead to later health issues.
– Hydrotherapy £50.00
– Physiotherapy (rider and animal) £55.00
– Both Hydro and Physio (if booked together) £95.00
Follow up rehabilitation
– Hydrotherapy £35.00-40.00
– Physiotherapy (rider and animal) £50.00
– Regular sessions for those OAP dogs with arthritis/arthritic changes who come every 1-2 weeks £25.00
– Introduction to water for young dogs under 12 months old £20.00 – £25.00
– Introduction workshop (3 hours) £60.00
– Training sessions £20.00-30.00
– Half day workshops Price varies
– Hosting a mantrailing event Please contact for details and hosting offers
– Classes (6 week blocks – 1 hour or 2 x 3 hours, or 3 x 2 hours) £70.00
- Workshops (3 hours) £60.00